Association la G.U.I.L.D

Gradignan Univers Imaginaires et LuDiques

AccueilDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.

+16
ravageur
Fanckem
Belial
Phyrax
Al-Bu
Moxi
tallyn
oliv'
Heïkeen
pantoufle
Rems
Knurlnien
ealthril
drong
Lokieris
SunHunter
20 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Suivant
AuteurMessage
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty11.05.16 23:43

On continue...

Quote Originally Posted by Thadrin  View Post
I like most of it...I think...but P+S 15 on the Earthborn is kinda pathetic. I'd hoped the days of Stone taxing our stats were gone.

The Krielstone will always figure into ARM values but that is the only stat we look at when we consider the Stone.

Petite déviation Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Tsunami1k  View Post
I dunno, the new Hellmouth for Legion says "FEATURES: With the ability to deploy up to 12” beyond its player’s regular deployment zone" so I'd bet all tunnelers go 6" beyond what they can normally deploy, which in this case is 6" past AD line.

Nope. Advance Deployment is there as an option. The Hellmouth has its own set of rules...

Sur les empilements de animi

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Azathoth View Post
I love all these changes. Quick question - with the change to animi can they stack now? Can we have a Raged Rushed warbeast?

No, you still cannot stack animi.

Toujours de Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Sletchman  View Post
Can a Spell Slave now cast an Animus? Seeing as they're "Spells" now?

Not so much. The text of Spell Slave is, "This model must be in its warlock’s control range to make the Spell Slave special action. When it does, it casts one of the spells on its warlock’s card with a COST of 3 or less. This model cannot cast upkeep spells or spells with a RNG of SELF or CTRL. When casting an offensive spell, Spell Slave is a magic attack. Use this model’s Magic Ability score when making magic attack rolls."

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Larkin  View Post
I believe the card in the insider says that rathrok is Pow 15 not P+S 15

It says both. Depends on whether it is ranged or melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smash  View Post
PLEASE can we have some info on Gunnbjorn's feat even if its just confirmation that it has changed or not.

Also was there a change to Grissel1's feat interaction with the Sons of Bragg? Never made sense that of all models the Sons of Bragg couldn't benefit from Grissel's feat.

Gunnbjorn's feat now reads, "While in Gunnbjorn’s control range, friendly Faction models gain cover, do not suffer damage from ranged attacks, and cannot become knocked down. Fortification lasts for one round."

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by dogskills  View Post
I see that Rush is still on the Axer but is it self only?

No Rush is still COST 2 RNG 6 friendly faction warbeast

De Soles

Quote Originally Posted by jack frost  View Post
So a question.

Is dissolution only on that one lock? Is it anywhere else?

And do you really take damage for EACH upkeep in play? So if you have 3 upkeeps in play you take 3d3 damage?

Dissolution is unique to Doomshaper 1. Models suffer the damage for each upkeep spell they have in play.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmario7502 View Post
Hey Jason,

Great work as always!! Has Dozer changed much? I loved playing him in Mk II and only hope that he gained a point in MAT.

Dozer & Smigg are a bit different now. The model did go up to MAT 6 and traded its Veteran Leader ability for Bulldoze. Seemed appropriate.

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Masquerade  View Post
Big question time ... Hey Will/Jason what does all this mean for EE and RoW and the various multiple units/models purchased by many players? And on that vein, I include Croak Raiders.

Well with the rebalancing of points and the overall increase in battlegroup points granted by warlocks the additional purchases of light warbeasts for EE shouldn't be too much of an issue if you want to go heavy on elemental beasts.

As far as Runes of War, we will be taking steps to address it in a future theme force.

De Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Long Rider  View Post
I hate to be that guy, but can questions for Mr. Soles be focused on Trollbloods and Universal Rules only? Don't need questions/answers for other Factions and their Warcasters/Warlocks in a thread for Trollbloods Insider.

And Mr. Soles, if you'd be so kind, can you reveal more about Grissel2? She was a marginal warlock at the best of times. Any fun spoilers?

I am going to have to go do some work ahead of a play test, but...

Grissel 2 went through some pretty signifigant changes. A major one was her ROF of remaining a flat 3. That is 3 attacks per turn without the need to spend fury. We also didtched Play List, so go nuts. Finally she traded out Arcane Bolt (her ranged atatcks are now magical) and Inhospitable Ground for Deflection (+2 DEF against ranged and magic attacks) and Discord, a spell that grants Wailing. (While within 5˝ of a model with Wailing, enemy models cannot give or receive orders and cannot cast spells.)

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Duckboy  View Post
it's on MTK and kraken

kill a living models get to make a ranged attack. once per activation.

That is the Mk II wording. The new wording is simply model destroyed or removed from play as the result of a melee attack. Being undead or construct doesn't stop it anymore.

De Soles

Quote Originally Posted by microdave  View Post
Can you please comment on what the expected role is for the Earthborn and the design philosophy behind him?

The Earthborn is sort of a jack-of-all-trades. The model takes great advantage of terrain between Pathfinder and Elemental Communion, it is immune to virtually every damage type so your opponent may have a hard time dealing with him, and he can anchor himself where ever he chooses, meaning he cannot be ignored. If you want a frontline hitter, go with the Mauler. If you want an adaptable model with an edge of unpredictability, go for the Earthborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandals  View Post
Stupid question, What is killshot?

Kill Shot says, "Once per activation, when an enemy model is destroyed or removed from play as a result of a melee attack made by a model with Kill Shot during its activation, immediately after that attack is resolved the model with Kill Shot can make one basic ranged attack."

Quote Originally Posted by rpavers  View Post
Is that a typo? Immune to range attack damage? Sounds like it should be blast damage? If not, that's pretty amazing.

Go with amazing. It is not a typo.

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Stormpuppy_Infantry  View Post
Immune to ranged attack damage? Wow, it seems that he deserved to get this.

Sorry for the bump, but does Hunter ability changes or it stays as same? You said that Weald Secrets grants it so it remains in the new edition but I wonder it works identical with MKII version.

Hunter now only allows a model to ignore concealment and cover when making a ranged attack.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooBoyz  View Post
Could we get any word on any ROF changes for our beasts? Bombers and Slags everywhere want to know if they kept ROF2!

Anything else on whether or not other elemental lights got a range buff like the Pyre would be really appreciated as well.

Bombers have Reload [1] which allows them to be forced to make an extra ranged attack. Slag Trolls have ROF 1 but picked up Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarf View Post
So considering the new wordings of Kill Shot and the way RoF has changed, what happens if a Blitzer gets to Kill Shot under Gunny? Does he roll D3 for the Kill Shot shot or is it just one attack always?

ROF is now just the number of initial attacks a model gets with a ranged weapon as part of its standard combat action. Kill shot specifically specifies you get 1 basic ranged attack, so you get 1 free basic ranged attack.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty12.05.16 0:14

Vu le nombre de spoils sur Troll on a de quoi être déçu en elfe...

Enfin, un petit supplément quand même :

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Yajnho  View Post
PPS_Will,

Since our insider came out relatively late in the day and the thread was subsequently absconded with by the power field discussion...And you and PPS_Soles have pulled double duty on Trolls so far...

Could you please shed any light on our favorite spell slinger, Rahn? Does Force Blast still exist and does he have a spell with POW>12?

Once again, you guys are doing amazing work with this roll out. This experience is the antithesis of "new edition rollouts" from other companies who shall not be named. The work is solid and logical, and the communication allows us to appreciate that. PP has really earned my business. Thank You!

Yes Rahn still has Chain Blast. And no his offensive spells are still Chain Blast and Force Hammer.

Pour Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesebeard View Post
Since we haven't seen much in way of spoilers regarding ranged capabilities in Legion, I am hoping that PPS_Will or PPS_MrSoles (or anyone else into spoilers) might shed some light on the majestic Ravagore:

We know its shot is now AOE 4, and it has gained a new nibble attack (Legion = bitey, it seems), combined with a 11/18 SPD 5 stat line, but what about its Animus/RNG/POW/Scather?

I'm trying to get a sense of Legion's ranged game in the new edition, but details have been scarce. Any insight is appreciated.
Animus is now Recoil which is COST 1 SELF and grants Swift Hunter. Blight Blast RNG 14 ROF 1 AOE 4 POW 14 Abilities: Damage Type: Fire, Arcing Fire and Scather.
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty12.05.16 9:48

On reprend sur les Trolls, de Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Smarf  View Post
So considering the new wordings of Kill Shot and the way RoF has changed, what happens if a Blitzer gets to Kill Shot under Gunny? Does he roll D3 for the Kill Shot shot or is it just one attack always?

He gets one shot from Kill Shot. ROF only determines initial attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfboy  View Post
I was just wondering if there's any news on if and how Fire Eaters have changed please?

They did not change much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus  View Post
Random speculation out of faction: if Skinners have it, might Manhunters also be granted Ambush?

No such luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mayhem  View Post
Mr. PPS du jour,

In the new edition, is the back strike bonus applied for attacks made outside of a models normal activation?

Yes.

10 characters.

Ca c'est intéressant au fait, si vous ne l'avez pas remarqué, le bonus de dos s'applique tout le temps maintenant, il suffit que la fig attaquante soit complètement dans le dos de l'attaqué. (y'a plus d'histoire de passer toute son activation dans le dos)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Templar  View Post
Nope. Dissolution is flat out better.

1) Defensive Animi have been severely curtailed, so removing Animi is far less of a big deal.

2) Purification currently removes ALL upkeeps, friend and foe.

3) Continuous effects. We're the faction that lights people on fire. We don't want to remove continuous effects all the time.

So yeah, a spell that only removes enemy upkeeps and does D3 damage per upkeep to the enemy caster is flat out better.

It is arguably better. It is also arguable that Purification is better. It depends on the situation on the ground.

That said, Dissolution is a unique spell. Purification exists on more than one caster. You will often see the case that when a caster has a unique capability that it has a bit more edge to it than similar spells that are not considered proprietary. Compare Caine 1's Thunder Strike to Force Hammer. Similar design philosophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavriel  View Post
Welcome back Mr. Soles

Are you willing to say whether or not Snipe is still on Gunnbjorn and whether or not it has been changed?

How could he not have Snipe? And no, it has not been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smash  View Post
Dear Mr. Soles,
Did any troll beasts pick up the Murderous ability? Also are the melee dedicated lights(bouncer, night troll) now at least Mat 6?

My database says no trolls have the Murderous ability. Looks like Slag, Axes, and Bouncer are MAT 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Templar  View Post
So are you saying that Purification changed?

Aside from being COST 4? Not in any meaningful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Caladian  View Post
Sorry Mr_Soles but I asked earlier but perchance can you tell us on what treewalker does now, as it is on the skinner?

Thanks and sorry for reasking.

Trewalker says, " This model ignores forests when determining LOS. While completely within a forest, this model gains +2 DEF against melee attack rolls."

Perte de la règle Camouflage... dur dur

Quote Originally Posted by DDevil  View Post
What's the role of the Trollbloods menagerie of light, niche warbeasts? I don't expect or even particularity want specific spoilers, but Night Trolls and Swamp Trolls look too cool to stay on the shelf. What's the general design philosophy to make all the pieces in a wide toolbox competitive?

P.S. Plz kill croak raiders

The Swamp Troll is actually one of my favorite models in the Faction. The easiest change to tell you about is that it went up to RAT 6. It also lost Camouflage because that ability was removed from the game. The changes to forests pretty much meant that Pathfinder would often be covering the role we intended for Camouflage, making that ability redundant. We have talked plenty about opening design space, well Camouflage was a victim of limited design space.

Quote Originally Posted by sturmcrow  View Post
Wait... Grim Angus is no longer a Headhunter reference?! You can find my troll models in the trash can sir, Good day.

Yeah, he lost one I am sorry to say.

And now I have to get back to the stuff I was actually supposed to spend the day reading through.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatron  View Post
Does Pathfinder now give +2 Def in rough terrain? Or how do you mean?

You have to be fully in a forest to gain concealment. Models with Pathfinder have the easiest time taking advantage of rough terrain. As a result Camouflage felt redundant and was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
one is a rule that represents a units ability to move through concealment.

the other represents a units ability to be stealthy.

a redneck on a quad in his backwoods may have one and not the other for example.

its fine... its just weird. that's just another buff to shooting.

I think Prowl has stealthy covered.

J'ai pas compris pour Prowl...
Al-Bu
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
Al-Bu

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty13.05.16 11:21

De ce que j'ai vu, Vlad devrait compenser sa frustration liée aux infos diffuses impactant Menoth grâce aux infos appétissantes concernant la Convergence de Cyriss :-)
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty13.05.16 19:42

En effet :

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir ce lien]

Et en direct du forum US

Quote Originally Posted by Plato  View Post
Could we get some clarification on how the transifinite emergence projectors rules will interact with the changes to RoF? Both in terms of the AutoFire it currently has and how it's servitors enhance it?

Thank you!

The TEP is ROF 2. Firing Formulae on the Aperture Pulse says, "When this model makes a ranged attack with this weapon during its activation, determine the position of the Permutation Servitors this model put into play. For each completely within its left firing arc, this model gains an additional die on its attack rolls. For each completely within its right firing arc, this model gains an additional die on its damage rolls. For each completely within its back arc, this model can make an additional ranged attack."
Jason Soles
Lead Designer of WARMACHINE and HORDES

Vlad t'as de la chance What a Face

Quote Originally Posted by Rynth  View Post
Convergence medium infantry 5 or 8 wounds?

The Convergence's medium infantry kept their 8 damage boxes. This is the only place other than the Man-O-War that made sense to us. Actually more here. These guys are literally made of metal.
Jason Soles

Convergence ou la faction OP de la mk3 :

Quote Originally Posted by ThrilledCodex View Post
With the new induction rules it seems like range vectors will have a much easier time of running at full efficiency than vectors in melee. A full vector gunline (each of which with 3 focus each turn) seems like a very real possibility. Has anything been done to shift the balance between melee and ranged vectors? It seems like new inductions rules buffs ranged a fair amount more. Or am I overstating the degree to which the benefits are skewed?

Also, was anything done to help perferators out? They always seemed to be the odd duck out in CoC's infantry.

The answer to all the above questions is cost rebalancing. We looked at the effectiveness of the models in the Faction and costed them accordingly. Gunlines can be solid, as can melee focused battlegroups.

The Perferators are also terrifying. Armor-Piercing on a unit is no joke. With the change to Armor-Piercing the question was never going to be, "What else can we give to the Perferators?"
Last edited by PPS_MrSoles; Yesterday at 10:10 AM.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Flamepheonix182  View Post
How about Iron Mother's feat? Has that changed in anyway? I liked the fluff of it but I always felt the application was a little bland.

Her feat is the same. Often the shortest feats are the strongest.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoob  View Post
@PPS!!!!

Can we get some information on Axis? With removal of theme forces, there is some worry about our favourite face-busting slightly insane Warcaster.

Really pump for CoC in MKIII and my return to the game in general!

Axis gained a point of ARM, went up to a 1" melee range, and the COST of Iron Aggression was reduced to 2 among some other minor tweaks.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmatron  View Post
Mr Soles!!

Is the Enigma Foundry's Repair (D3+3) the new standard for repair?

The amount of damage a model can remove with Repair varies from model to model.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by jandrese  View Post
Huh? Synergy already cost 2. Does this mean it is not an upkeep anymore?

Synergy is still upkeep.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Morinsane  View Post
No need for specifics but has the wording for Flight have changed? Aerogenesis seems strong

Flight now says, "This model treats all non-impassable terrain as open terrain while advancing. It can move through obstructions and through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past them. While charging, power attack slamming, or power attack trampling, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle, an obstruction, or another model. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by DiogenesOrder  View Post
Any changes at Iron Mother Directrix?, it seems she needed more than other one

She is very similar to her old incarnation. Among some other minor changes she now has ARM 17.
Jason Soles

Ca c'est fort !

Quote Originally Posted by Akkristor  View Post
What changed with Armor piercing?

Instead of gaining +2 damage against small-based models, it halves their ARM like any other model.
Jason Soles

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Arbiter Hoff  View Post
Have all the caster field marshals stayed the same?

Yes all field marshal abilities stayed the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirustak  View Post
@PPS_MrSoles,
Can we get a hint about a new Convergence model that will be coming out with our Forces book?

Not for awhile yet I am sorry to say.
Jason Soles
Lead Designer of WARMACHINE and HORDE
S

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilus  View Post
Any chance you could let us know if Lucant kept Watcher or if it changed?

As a Lucant player I like how the spell had a high skill cap, but I have heard from a lot of people that they felt it was a negative play experience.

Lucant kept Watcher.

Quote Originally Posted by dkid32  View Post
I was wondering about the Mitigators gun. Does it still have quake and puncture? Cause if it does you can completely ignore tough checks by choosing to have quake triggered first therefore knocking down the models you shot at and then triggering puncture to cause a single point of damage

Yes it does.
Jason Soles

De Will Shick

Double post, sorry

It was slightly tweaked in order to remain the same: Enemy models currently in Axis’ control range suffer –2 SPD and STR and cannot charge or make slam or trample power attacks. Friendly Faction models currently in Axis’ control range gain +2 SPD and STR. Circumpotence lasts for one round.

Explication de game design

Quote Originally Posted by LightningGod View Post
Will or Jason: Can we get a bit of insight into the reasoning behind reducing the Cataphract's boxes and defense, while Troll Champs and Warders kept their defense and, in the case of Champions, gained even more, and the Cyriss mediums keeping their defense 12 and 8 boxes? The idea that the Fist of Halaak was no fun to play against should go for the Lucant armor brick/recursion list as well, shouldn't it? I guess I just don't understand why one faction's heavy infantry gets dragged down, and the others stay the same or get better.

We wanted to reduce the number of damage boxes medium-based infantry had in the game, so we reduced them. We left a couple exceptions where we felt it made sense (guys in giant robot armor and robots).

It the case of the Cataphracts we looked at the differences between the stat profiles of the light and heavy infantry and decided that the Cataphracts did not make a lot of sense with DEF 12 when the Praetorians were sitting at 12 and 13. We wanted more of a range between them so that their strengths and differences were more evident.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by warriorofplight View Post
@pps_mrsoles

You rock! Thanks for taking time to answer questions and in an super pleased with how Convergence is shaping up.

Even more reson to play with my CoC all the time and everywhere!!

Question about Lucant, given the change to overboosting did he see an increase in his base armor value at all?
Thanks

He did not. I do not even think we even considered it. Lucant is a very defensive caster. That Field Marshal alone goes a long way toward protecting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal  View Post
What's the interaction between the mordikaar soulless spell and convergence? Do they become soulless or not? Thank you ��

That depends on whether the models in the army are living or whether they are constructs. As the spell says, if they are living models (like Optifex Directive models) they become soulless. If they are constructs (like Clockwork Angels), then they do not become soulless.

Le colosse CoC

Quote Originally Posted by icemantis View Post
SO... Two questions-
As people are arguing/debating/discussing, does the Power Transfer on the Mk3 Corollary count for Induction, meaning it can give 1-3 Focus to 1 Vector and 1 to the same Vector/another Vector, or not?

Two, did anything change with the Prime Axiom? Cost (Besides the x2 Mk3 change), rules, anything? It was always the centerpiece of my lists, and I can't wait to play them in Mk3.

Thanks so much!

This falls under "Don't be greedy". It is not an accident that Power Transfer says "give" and not "spend".

The Prime Axiom's Accelespiker is ROF 5 without Strafe or Autofire and it went up to STR 17.
Jason Soles
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty13.05.16 22:32

On continue.

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffy  View Post
Is the Cipher ROF2 or did it become a Reloader? Or neither?

It has Reload [1]

De Soles

Quote Originally Posted by neznein9  View Post
Can servitors spawned (by Primax and/or IMD) attack the turn they come into play?

Yes. 10 characters.
Jason Soles

Game design philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by LightningGod View Post
Thanks for the answer, but I'm even more confused now. Champs and Warders share the same defense with Fennblades/Kriels/etc, so how is that not the same issue? The same goes for the Cyriss Light/Heavy construct infantry, as they are all Def 12 as well.

It just feel like Skorne was punished for having an annoying Theme list in Mk2 that might not even exist in Mk3, while lists that were less common, but could be equally frustrating to play against (Lucant plus Eradicator/Reciprocator spam and Enigma Foundries for example) are relatively untouched.

When you compare Reciprocators to Cetrati now, Reciprocators are hands down better. Both have the same armor, speed and Shield Wall. Cetrati have weapon master at Pow 11, but Reciprocators can be Pow 14 effectively whenever they want, giving them roughly the same damage potential. Cetrati now have 30 total boxes and Reciprocators keep their 40, in addition to having Def 12 and access to Set Defense if they need it. And for probably less points (assuming Reciprocators simply doubled for Mk3 and are 18 to the Cetrati's 19).

I don't really expect a response to this, but just wanted to show my thoughts on the subject.

I am about to jump off and get to my work for the day, but I wanted to get back to you with some more thoughts.

I think there is a natural tendency to look at what the other Factions have, but that actually has little to do with the internal balance of a given Faction. The stats of a model in a given Faction don't really have any bearing on the stats of models outside that Faction. Sure we try to apply similar logic to the models we develop, but "Reciprocators are better than Cetrati" is really only an issue if Xerxis has to decide which he is adding to his army. And then they would be developed and balanced with that in mind. None of this stuff exists in a vacuum.

That is why I explained the change to Cataphracts to you in the context of the Skorne Faction as that is the only context it can be meaningfully discussed.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by TrePalle  View Post
I am not sure if this was asked. How much does Discontinuity cost and is it an upkeep?

It has a COST of 3 and is upkeep.
Jason Soles

Sur la disruption

Quote Originally Posted by Zhil  View Post
Does disruption have an effect on Convergence jacks? What exactly is disruption now? Is it the same?

Disruption now says, "A warjack hit by this attack loses its focus points and cannot gain focus or channel spells for one round." Because vectors are clearly warjacks that means it also affects vectors.
Jason Soles

I'm curious about the variations in Repair hinted at by discussion of the Enigma Foundry. Are the noble members of the Optifex Directive still each capable of doing a repair for d6?

Thank you! I'm very happy the CoC info we got today.

They are now d3+1.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Mercykiller  View Post
The medium based units would be awesome

Perferators are 11/18.
Eradicators are 9/15
Reciprocators are 11/18
Jason Soles

Could we get the cost of 1 of each vector? So a light, a hover and a normal just so we have an idea of where they landed

Galvinizer costs 5
Assimilator costs 16
Inverter is 15
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by grungolah  View Post
Clockwork Angels were FA: 3 outside of Aurora's tier, but FA: 3 in Tier. 5, 3, or (wishful thinking) U in Mk3?

Clockwork Angels are FA 3.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by CeltKhan  View Post
Mr Soles, did the Steelsoul Protector pick up some offensive punch, or is she still mainly a bulletsponge? I always thought it odd she seemed to be a less-strong Bokur despite being metal. Weaponmaster, maybe?

Well... It gained Weapon Master. How is that?
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by neznein9  View Post
Any chance Eradicators got 1" reach?

Not unless they pick up a larger weapon.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Crate123  View Post
Hmm Disruption mentions Gain, does that include Allocate as well ?

Yes.

10 characters.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Sheer_Falacy View Post
I had really expected that this would be weaker and not worthless vs hordes.

Is there any way to remove it, since empower doesn't? On topic, does Cyriss have any way to remove it?

Not that I can think of.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyTerror View Post
Was asking about disruption (seeing as it's a symbol now).

...though of course I would not cry if you told us about Disruptor Bolt...

Disruption never affected warcasters.
Jason Soles
SunHunter
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
SunHunter

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty14.05.16 17:24

Iz cool.

Globalement ça m'a l'air très bien. Ils ont changé très peu de peu de choses et c'est tant mieux.

Mention débilostupide© pour le sort de Lucant qui donne Dispel-à-faire-le-café à tout le Battlegroup, alors que rien d'autre dans la faction ne gère le moindre upkeep. C'était un caster qui était dans 100% des pairings mkII, et qui le restera en mkIII. C'est bien, c'est rassurant. /!\ Alerte sarcasme /!\

Mais dans le cas où Menoth ça ne me plait plus, au moins j'aurai un point d'attache en Cyriss, c'est bien !

SunHunter -
http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&so
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 9:39

Avec un peu de retard désolé :

Insider sur les merco pour Pantoufle et consorts

Thread sur le fofo US

De Hungerford

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
Rhulic Warcasters don't seem to have the Rhulic Warjacks only rule anymore.....interesting....

I dig the Durgen change....for Field Marshal.

The rules regarding Rhulic warcasters and warjacks are actually in Prime and Primal now. It works how you would expect, Rhulic warcasters can only take Rhulic warjacks, and Rhulic warjacks can only be controlled by Rhulic models.

The same idea is true for Cephalyx and their Monstrosities, Farrow locks / beasts, and Gator locks / beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by peterbom86 View Post
Please tell of about Thor, is he still the equivalent of 4-6 free focus each turn for an earthbreaker?
Tune Up was significantly toned given that Power Up is a thing these days. It now reads: Tune Up [Rhulic warjack] (★Action) - RNG B2B. Target friendly Rhulic warjack. If the warjack is in range, all attack and damage rolls resulting from its next basic attack this turn are boosted.

Thor got much better at repairing though ... well so did everyone given that Repair checks are gone and you just automatically do so if you're in range. His Repair is now d3+3, which is one of the best Repair scores in the game.
pantoufle
Membre du Consortium
Membre du Consortium
pantoufle

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 11:42

Il est pourri cet Insider !!!

j'ai rien appris intéressant à part que les Cutthroats sont toujours nuls à chier, ils sont moins cher mais ils ont perdu "poison"... Je vois pas bien l'intérêt, y'a que repostion 5" qui change par rapport à avant, çà les sauvera pas je crois; Ils ont toujours des MAT et RAT de moules pour des assassins... Evil or Very Mad ça sera en min pour profiter de l'effet du pistolet de Croe à la limite.

Le reste (Rhulic et Cephalyx) je ne les joue pas donc j'm'en fous. Razz

Lokieris
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
Lokieris

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 11:48

les cryx sont retirés du pacte cephalyx , et ils echangent "sacrificial pawn" contre "stealth"
Lokieris
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
Lokieris

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 16:10

plein de cartes spoils , véracité à vérifier^^ :

pantoufle
Membre du Consortium
Membre du Consortium
pantoufle

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 16:56

Lokieris a écrit:

Les gars ont du se faire rattraper parce que ton lien envoie sur un battle report en premier post.... =)

SunHunter
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
SunHunter

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 17:09

Et maitnenant je veux des Zélotes Gunmages.

SunHunter -
SunHunter
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
SunHunter

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 17:41

J'avais pas calculé au départ ... ce sont les impressions FR qui ont fuité ! VG est mal barré je crois !

SunHunter -
Lokieris
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
Lokieris

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 17:48

pantoufle a écrit:
Lokieris a écrit:

Les gars ont du se faire rattraper parce que ton lien envoie sur un battle report en premier post.... =)

ba reclik parce que sa marche^^
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 22:05

Désolé pour l'attente, mais vous avez déjà certainement tout lu sur le fofo US.

Néanmoins, je poursuis le travail commencé...

De Hungerford

Quote Originally Posted by Spinballwizard  View Post
I've heard a lot of questions on Renegades. Are we privy to whether they're still tied to Magnus?

They are. Renegades are still the light warjack that makes all non-Magnus casters jealous. It remains basically the same as you remember it, though its Shredder is now melee RNG 1, and it only costs 10 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas  View Post
Will the Gunner and Blaster retain their Powerful Attack rule? It would be killer with Power Up.

They do. It is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sletchman  View Post
Second. I own full FA of Kayazy, but don't play Khador, and don't intend to start. Curious about their new legality status.

Kayazy, Idrians, and Precursors are all still Mercenary Partisans, so you can take them in Merc armies. Heck, you could take all three in the same army if you wanted to.

The only Merc Partisans that are picky are the Cephalyx Overlords and the Mind Slavers, as was mentioned in the Insider today.

Quote Originally Posted by Miijan  View Post
Great insider as always, wonderful looking Rhul models still going to be an interesting and fun army to play. What might I ask was the reason for eliminating Blast armor on Durgan?

Also if you have the time and notion to spoil a bit on our Lady Ashlynn D'Elyse. The mercenary community would be grateful.

Durgen already has a lot going on in terms of complexity and meaningful choices each activation. Blast Armor, while neat, was just a bit too fiddly and we wanted to replace it with something that was still thematically appropriate and useful during gameplay ... so Force Field.

Ashlynn is virtually unchanged, she is well realized in her design and operates exactly how we want her to on the table. Her melee weapon did go up to RNG 1 though ... Flashing Blade for days!

Any info about Cephalyx profiles? Still they having same low stats-cost style?

Same low cost, same great taste. The Warden is only freaking 10 points. 10 POINTS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by primatibas  View Post
I too would like to know how Valachev works now, if any different.

Ranking Officers still exist, though some of their individual abilities have changed. They still allow a Merc unit to become a Faction unit, so testing each of them took a lot of work since they were the "loophole" in the whole "Mercs can't get Faction buffs" concept.

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrflamme  View Post
Sorry to repeat myself, but could you please clarify how Constance works in Mk3? She's lost "Cygnar" from the front of her card, and the Cygnar partisan ability still seems to only allow her to be counted as friendly faction without affecting whether she can be hired as a single warcaster in a Cygnar force. RAW it seems that she can only be taken in a 2+ warcaster Cygnar force, at which point she can then count as a Cygnar warcaster for friendly faction effects, warjack hiring, etc.

Yes you can take Constance as your only Cygnar warcaster in your Cygnar army just like in Mk II under the new Partisan rule.

De Hungerford

Coup de Main is slightly different. Better really, but it only affects Privateers.

It reads: The spellcaster and friendly Privateer models activating in its control range gain +2˝ movement when advancing as part of their Normal Movement. Affected warjacks can charge without spending a focus point. Coup de Main lasts for one turn.

The majestic Buccaneer is a mighty 6 points.

De Will shick

Quote Originally Posted by grungolah  View Post
At first they were all "DURGEN!" But the voices were quickly silenced.

I think I can get by on 2 questions:

My first question is on Shae, since his limited theme was the only reason I did not buy him. Given the Power-Up change, has there been a rewrite of Coup de Main?

Second, what is the new point cost of the noble Buccaneer?

Coup de Main specifies spellcaster and Privateer models only.

Buccaneers are a low low 6PC

De Hungerford, sur Ayana & Holt

Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth  View Post
Will, How have Aiyana and Holt changed in MK3?

They are roughly the same as you remember. For example they can still give weapons Damage Type: Magical to a friendly model/unit, but their "Harm" ability was toned to only affect Faction models.

Kiss of Lyliss (★Attack) - Kiss of Lyliss is a RNG 10 magic attack. When a friendly Faction model makes a damage roll against a model/unit hit by Kiss of Lyliss, add +2 to the roll. Kiss of Lyliss lasts for one turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Boire  View Post
Please support some religious Rhulic players and share some details about:

1. Ogrun Assault Corps - those poor fellows who only looked good...

2. Avalancher - is it nay better? cheper? any effect on cannon?
3. Have forge guard kept their weapon master?
4. I Gorten is now FOC 6 by any chance?

i know you might think I ask for much, but i feel faithfull rhulic community deserve some spoiling

1.) Well, like most medium based infantry they went down to five damage boxes instead of eight. They still retained CRA and CMA and got cheaper, only costing 16 points for a max unit. Feel like I'm missing something important here .... oh yeah they picked up Assault, Tough, and RNG 1 on their axes. They're delightful.

2.) Is Quake on the cannon a good thing? How about Shield Guard?

3.) Yup, they still hit hard.

4.) He is not. I checked his warcaster card though, according to his rules he is "Still Baller". Tougher too.

Quote Originally Posted by SeoNN  View Post
Does Dahlia and her amazing wurm keep mercenary rule?

I'm actually discussing these two in depth in my upcoming Minions Insider. They are still a Mercenary pair that works for Ret though. You can run all four lessers in the same Merc or Minion army if you really wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeritus  View Post
Will Retribution of Scyrah still be able to benefit from the Kiss of Lyliss?

No, they are not Ret Partisans. Factions with a Ranking Officer can get use out of it, at least until said Officer gets their head blown off.

Adieu le Kiss pour tout le monde...

Quote Originally Posted by callmeHK  View Post
I am amazed that there is no info about our posterboy Magnus.

I've been trying for so long now to make mags2 work for me and it always came up short. It felt he needed to be foc 7 to land calamity and upkeep all his stuff. Powerup helps him alot but still.. Is there anything you could spoil about magnus2?

Ok last one before I run off to some meetings / eat some lunch.

Magnus 1 saw a variety of change. I won't mention them all here but some things I really like is that he picked up Scourge (amazing with his arc nodes, as any Deneghra player knows) and he also has Repair d3+1 now. Makes sense that the guy who custom builds warjacks would know how to fix them.

Magnus 2? Well I've got three words for you. Field Marshal [Unyielding]. It's brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Althrion  View Post
Could we get some info on the non Rhulic jacks? So far the rhulic one got most of the spoiler love.
1. Freebooter
2. Vangaurd
3. Trusty Nomad.
4. Talon

1.) His melee RNG went up to 1" (all heavies have at least RNG 1 on melee now.) Jury Rigged no longer costs a focus. Oh, and he's only 9 points.
2.) Mostly the same, but he hits harder in melee these days.
3.) Dirt cheap face breaker. 11 points, and his sword went up to P+S 18, still RNG 2. He also picked up a new ability that many Merc jacks have called Tried & True, which reads: When this model is affected by a Repair special action, remove 1 additional damage point from it.
4.) Hits harder in melee, costs next to nothing (7 points), and Stall now just makes a warjack hit by it go stationary for one round.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmagorium  View Post
How about the other, other two man Merc character unit - Blythe and Bull. Any love for this oft-forgotten duo?

They are cheap for the amount of hurt they bring to the table. Only 6 points for the duo.

Quote Originally Posted by andalucien  View Post
WOw, LOVING the changes to Freebooter.... Any chance we could get some info on my favorite Jack model in the whole game, the Mariner?

The Mariner sure is happy about that whole "all heavies get at least RNG 1 Melee" rule. Makes his Thresher attack even more devastating. Overall he remains mostly the same, but he did get cheaper overall, only costing 14 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Factoid  View Post
Will! Can we get points costs for Cephalyx units and montstrosities? Any changes to the Dominator?

Dominators are just straight up FA:2 now, so you can always bring two merc units in your Cephalyx list. Also they only cost 1 point ... which is like half a point in MK II terms. They still give out Tough, gained Stealth, and now when he dies since theyre aren't command checks in the game anymore he forces his unit to run during their next activation, then they are good to go like normal on the following turns.

Cephalyx models are ... cheap. Like crazy cheap. I mentioned earlier the Warden is only 10 points, the Dominator is 1 point, a unit of Mind Slaver & Drudges is 8/12. Oh, and making Drudges with the Mind Slaver unit is easier than ever thanks to their new Prep for Surgery rule which reads:

Prep For Surgery - While this model is in formation, when a living enemy warrior model in the melee range of two or more models in this unit is boxed by a melee attack made by a model in this unit, remove the enemy model from play. You can then add one Grunt to a friendly non-character Drudge unit in this model’s command range. Place the Grunt in formation and completely within this model’s command range. The Grunt must forfeit its Combat Action the turn it is put into play.

what happened with Rhupert? he get the same level of treatment as did Aiyana?

His three tunes (concealment, tough, pathfinder) target "friendly", so he can sing all over non-Faction models.

Quote Originally Posted by Meestho  View Post
Will they be usable in minion?

JN

Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohm  View Post
How about that merc duo we all know and love, Taryn and Shaw? Any news on a possible Rex or Toro chassis?

While Taryn remained mostly the same, she traded Iron Rot for Brutal Damage, and only costs 5 points. Rutger, on the other hand, got more changes than I can list at the moment. Including Drive: Shield Guard for the warjack under his control.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger  View Post
YESSSS dances TALON AND NOMAD CHANGES dances.

1: Follow up on freebooter. Has Trash changed? How about chain attack grab and smash?
2: Privatees!??!?!
2a: Doc Killingsworth
2b: Grogspar
2c: Hawk
2d: Rockbottom
3: Commodore Cannon?
4: Mariner, Loader? Y/N
5: Gallant? Still has accumulator?

1: Effectively the same as you know it.
2: Yes!??!?!
2a: He effects himself now with his "No, I'm Fine" rule
2b: 4 points is pretty cheap for all the good stuff he brings to the table
2c: Sucker got more range, her armor got a little nicer
2d: Still making it rain.
3: Did we mention its usable with any Privateer warcaster and not just Shae these days? Cause let me tell you, Fiona and Bart love this thing.
4: Yuuuuuuuuuuuup
5: Yuuuuuuuuuuuup

Quote Originally Posted by The Aegis  View Post
Hi Hungerford, still on Taryn:
Did she keep her Shadow Fire attack? Was it returned back to only Friendly Faction or it's still usable by other factions?

She did, it simply says Shadow Fire - A model hit by this attack does not block LOS for one turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Danith00  View Post
What about... Kell Bailoch. The true sniper!

Still the rootin' tootin' magic gun shootin' fella you know and love. Cept he hurts more with his gun these days.

Deadly Shot - Instead of making a damage roll to resolve an attack with this weapon, you can choose to have a model hit by this weapon suffer 3 damage points instead. A model disabled by this attack cannot make a Tough roll.

Quote Originally Posted by NuxTakeTheWheel  View Post
Oh Broadsides spoilers, where BART you? Did Batten survive? The idea of 9 point arm 20 heavies is making me light headed.

Batten still exists, Bart still has it. It's gross. (in a good way)

Quote Originally Posted by eliassmith27  View Post
A couple of questions please?
1)Did Cylena and Boomhower retain thier minions statuse?
2) Did any Mercenaries gain the Minion status?

1.) Yuuuuuuuuup
2.) Nooooooope.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyklos  View Post
@PPS_Hungerford: What about Steelheads? Are they mostly the same, or did they gain any rules? How about point costs?

Halberdiers are dirt cheap, 7/11. Same for Riflemen, 8/14. Mostly unchanged from what you already know, but they do love not ever fleeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman  View Post
The Boomhowlers are my favourite mercinaries. I love some some trolls in my Cygnar. Did they still keep 4+ tough?

No, it has been replaced with Call of Defiance - While in formation, models in this unit do not lose Tough while knocked down. Call of Defiance lasts for one round.

Which is fun combined with Reveille on the following turn.

Any love for Bartolo tonight? ��

I posted earlier he still has Batten but let's see ... Powder Keg got better. It only costs 3 now, but had its RNG reduced to 8.

Oh, and here's a general one that applies to more than just Bart. Overtake triggers on any enemy model destroyed now, not just warrior models.

Quote Originally Posted by PurchasedPig  View Post
I second the requests for Reinholdt, the master of Spyglasses and such!

Cheers,

Okay, this is my last one for the day, I gotta run. Sorry!

Reinholdt is a warcaster attachment now for starters, and man ... the new Spyglass is pretty good.

Spyglass (★Action) - Target an enemy model in this model’s LOS. That model loses Stealth for one round.

Since my next Insider is going to be Minions, I guess I should post a little something for the Minion players out there in preparation. Hmmm ... let's see.

Oh I know! Bloody Barnabas got Death March. Gatorman Posse needed Vengeance. Trust me.

De Soles

There have been a lot of questions in this thread concerning cross Faction models that were previously allowed by some theme forces in Mk II. As we have stated previously, we tried to accommodate these options where possible. However, we removed these option in instances in which they proved unbalancing, redundant, limited design space, or simply did not make sense going forward.

The two largest open questions remaining in this regard seem to be the Highborn Covenant and Magnus' Bad Seeds theme force. The Highborn Covenant is evolving into the Llaelese Resistance theme force that will allow players to include up to one non-character Cygnaran or Protectorate unit in their Resistance armies. That unit will be considered to be a friendly Mercenary unit instead of a Cygnar or Protectorate unit and can include attachments.

The concept of the Bad Seeds theme force has also gone through some changes in the new edition. We no longer are producing theme forces for only one warcaster. Instead they have been opened up for use by a range of warcasters. In this case, Magnus' theme force has become the The Kingmaker's Army, which is a reflection of Magnus' ongoing storyline as his plots and reach some degree of fruition in Doug Seacat's Blood of Kings novel. The Kingmaker's Army is open to those warcasters who work most closely with Magnus along with the outlaws in his employ. It also allows players playing a Kingmaker's Army to include Cygnar Long Gunner, Ranger, and Trencher Infantry units. These units are considered to be friendly Mercenary units when included in the army instead of being Cygnar units and can include attachments. With Mercenary (and Cygnaran) forces continuing to evolve in the future it simply did not make sense to leave Bad Seeds with all of its open ended options... And the inclusion of additional warcasters made balance all the more difficult.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon  View Post
A question for many Rhulic fanatics like myself has always been will Rockbottom paymaster abilities be useful for other models besides sea dogs/privateers.

Is that information available?

Rockbottom's Paymaster effects are limited to Sea Dogs.

De Will Shick

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldrick  View Post
Thanks for all the information!

I had those questions :

1)You said Ashlynn remained mostly the same except the 1" melee range. Most casters gain something unique like a unique spell/field marshall, etc. Did she get something like that?

2)Anything about Fiona would be nice. She already had a pretty unique spell list, did she change in some way?

Thanks for anything you can say!

1) Ashlynn was already pretty unique thanks to her duelist abilities. She kept the ability to make both melee and ranged attacks with Dual Attack (which also lets her make ranged attacks in melee), kept Parry and still has Riposte with DEF 17 ARM 15. She's also still a Weapon Master and she kept her spell Distraction. All in all she is quite incredible in the new edition even if her changes specifically were minimal.

2) The biggest change to Fiona was probably to her Cultists. Cultists - Choose one friendly Sea Dog unit at the beginning of the game to be Cultists. Cultists are Thamarite models. During your Control Phase, this model can upkeep spells without spending focus. Instead, it can remove one Cultist model in its control range from play for each spell upkept.

De Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Goblinz  View Post
So first off this is great news, thank you for telling us.Some follow up questionsdoes the king makers army get the bad seeds jacks and solos as well?will this theme be available to play at L&L?any hints on who is close to magnus

Question 1: No.
Question 2: No, you will have to wait a bit longer than that.
Question 3: Captain Bartolo Montador, Captain Damiano, and Drake MacBain in addition to both of the Magnusi.
Last edited by PPS_MrSoles; Yesterday at 02:00 PM.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by gobberwarlordplz  View Post
Did mercs just get choir?

I'd wait for the final wording on that theme force for sure. That force is still undergoing some play testing...
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedWeirdo  View Post
Does this mean Arkadius won't be able to run Goraxes?

It would... Except Arkadius has this rule:

Limited Battlegroup - The only warbeasts that can be in this model’s battlegroup Gorax Ragers and Minion Farrow warbeasts. Gorax Ragers in this model’s battlegroup are considered to be friendly Minion Farrow light warbeasts.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalbob  View Post
My pleas for information about the humble Driller and Hammerfall Highshields appears to have fallen on deaf ears...That makes me a sad cannibal.  

High Shields did not change a lot. They gains Combined Mlee Attack, are now FA 3, and cost 10/16. The Driller's drill went up to POW 6, gained 1" melee range (as did the grappler), and the warjack now costs 10 points.
Last edited by PPS_MrSoles; Yesterday at 02:14 PM.
Jason Soles

De Will

Quote Originally Posted by Obeisance  View Post
Just woke up.

Did Cylena and the Nyss Hunters change? How? Does this impact Cryx?

Nyss Hunters are now DEF 14, have CRA innately and Cylena now has Granted: Hunter. Also they now have Partisan [Retribution] and RNG 1 on their Claymores. PC 12/19

Quote Originally Posted by Themainmenoth  View Post
@PPS_MrSoles: any info for the lovely Sam and her unit of Devil Dogs? And will you go over jack marshals at some point before the release of the book?

Jack Marshal Insider is coming soon. Like this week soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Themainmenoth View Post
this may or not be a new edition change, but any plans on making a Light Monstrosity? or are they staying as heavies for now?

We have no plans for Light Monstosities at the moment. I won't say it will never happen, but I think it is unlikely.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz View Post
Mr soles - any info on the ceohalyx overlords? They are looking like a go-to for generating focus via anatomical precision. How will they fit into mk3 cephalyx?

The forums ate my first reply... So, take 2.

The Cephalyx Overlords are indeed equiped to put generate some Monstrosity focus with Anatomical Precision. Additionally they also picked up the following special rule:

Veteran Leader [Drudge] - While in this model’s command range, friendly Drudge models gain +1 to attack rolls.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Ger View Post
Agitator lose the +2 to hit? or did it stay the same?

Is Fiona still 7 focus?

The Cephalyx Agitator's Instigate ability only effects Monstrosities.

Fiona is FURY 7 and her Cultist ability now says, "Choose one friendly Sea Dog unit at the beginning of the game to be Cultists. Cultists are Thamarite models. During your Control Phase, this model can upkeep spells without spending focus. Instead, it can remove one Cultist model in its control range from play for each spell upkept."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by azaminkor View Post
Any chance Boomhowler picked up partisan?

No such luck. They are Mercenaries first and trollkin second.
Jason Soles

Insider Menoth peut-être cette semaine pour Vlad !

Quote Originally Posted by DawgPound View Post
Can you tell us when the Menoth insider is coming out? please

I requested it this week, but it depends on if all the assets get pulled for it in time.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Valatius View Post
By the way, why were mercenary contracts removed, again? Another initiative to kill the interaction between narrative and rules?

The contracts were removed because we opened up the interaction between Mercenaries to allow them more ease when playing together. Additionally, opening up the theme forces to multiple warcasters/warlocks made it obvious that the whole concept of contracts was redundant. Contracts simply became theme forces.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Queaux View Post
Mr. Soles,

I've definitely come around to the idea of theme forces, though I'm worried about how much I'll play them as a predominantly competitive player. Are the theme forces intended to be approximately as powerful as unrestricted faction forces? Are the theme forces intended to be balanced against each other? I'd like to have my theme and no competitive disadvantage too, but I realize that might not be the design goal.

I tend to avoid conversations about what will or could be considered competitive, but I will say that the new Theme Forces are intended to support strong, well rounded armies. They are intended to be balanced against each other and against non-theme force armies.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Sletchman View Post
This comment, and the existence of Family Reunion (now gone) has made me wonder more about Theme Forces. Any chance there's an insider on the way that covers some information about the new and sexy theme forces that are coming?

Thanks for all the answers in this thread, you and both Wills. One follow up question - with Cephalyx getting Shanghai, can I sleep safe in the knowledge that my Press Gangers kept it, too?

Yes. The Press Gangers still have Shanghai.
Jason Soles

De Hungerford

Quote Originally Posted by TheBronzebackKing View Post
Sorry to bother you while you're getting dinner Soles, but will Cephalyx be getting any non-magic shooting?
*Looks at Subduer*
Any GOOD non magic shooting?

Why am I checking the forums at 830 before I go to the gym? Am I addicted or something?

Anyway, with Dominators being FA:2 all the time now, you can fit in plenty of solid shooting into your Cephalyx armies, just not from the Cephalyx themselves. They specialize in mind bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Page View Post
So are the Rhulic Lights just insane now? Going by the spoilers they are effectively the same price as current and they retained Powerful Attack. Unless something else changed Rhulic can run a small horde of mobile, always boosting Handcannons or Sprays. They're far from trivial to remove and fairly accurate in MKII, engaging them with Troops might also not be the best idea because you can just get a SprayBunny to free them up and Durgen can even give them Gunfighter. They seem really good against everything but very high DEF and very high ARM, and that's without even know what the Jack Marshals or other Rhulic Casters do.

I'm pretty hyped for Rhulic to be honest.

Rhulic lights are not to be trifled with. The heavies either for that matter.

I've run Madhammer lists that didn't have a single unit in it, just lots of jacks and solos. Everything was on fire and dead. It was delightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Claptrap View Post
Forgive me if this question has been answered. I saw it asked a couple of times, but no answer.

Are there any mercs that will work for Convergence?

Sorry but no. The Convergence isn't the most trusting of secret doomsday robot cults.

Quote Originally Posted by MalStorm View Post
While we've got you here, anything you can say to assuage our doubts about the high shields?

I mean I'm sure if you had something you wanted to say on the subject, you'd have done so already. But no harm in asking I hope...

They didn't change too much. Gained CMA, FA 3, cost 10/16. They're solid toolbox infantry, there aren't many CMAing CRAing Shield Walling 10-mans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger View Post
So we've heard. We are wondering about the UA right now (and waiting on the JM insider).

How's CMA on them worked out in playtests btw?

Can we get a PC for Aiyanna and Holt btw?

I don't have the stats in front of me since I'm not in the office at the moment, and since I've got like 5 versions of each model in my head I'll have to pass on stating exactly what the UA does. CMA on the Highshields is actually really nice. That was always kind of their soft spot, getting tied up in melee, and now they've got a decent answer to having a high DEF unit run right into their face.

A&H are 8 points.

ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty17.05.16 23:34

J'enchaîne avec un nouvel insider sur la règle Jack Marshall !

De Will

Quote Originally Posted by gamefreak180  View Post
any word on Raluk Moorclaw? please i see him at my store and he is begging me to join my troll army

Raluk is pretty awesome with his Drive Assault coupled with the new Marshal options. Plus his Repair [d6] can be used on any friendly construct rather than only Friendly Faction constructs thanks to his Mechanikally Adept ability. At just 4 points he's a total steal.

The Bastion Seneschal is pretty amazing now thanks to his new Drive Drive: Blessings of Iron - While in this model’s command range, a warjack under its control cannot be targeted by enemy spells and does not suffer the effects of crippled systems.

Ca a l'air vachement cool les nouveaux drive ! On va vraiment vers plus de jack je trouve...

Quote Originally Posted by Aya  View Post
Awesome stuff! It looks like Drives are just a thing that happens now? Or do marshals still need to pass a command check in order to drive their jacks?

Drives work automatically so long as the warjack is in its Marshal's CMD range per the specific Drive rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Voronesh  View Post
Any hints at how a Khadoran Jack marshal works? Especially the MoW Kovnik? (or did he simply lose it?). We dont have a cheap light to benefit from suddenly accurate jacks under jack marshals .

Small Edit:

The new rules are simply awesome. Now i really have no reason not to start Mercs with these two insiders.

The Man-o-War Kovnik has Drive: Assault and Desperate Pace [Man-o-War] Along with the ability to Slam Power Attack and Assault himself he's totally worth 5 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Charger  View Post
On a side note, can we learn about Rutger Shaw? He's is awesome in the fiction, but suffered a lot due to MKII jack marshall rules. I'm curious if we can bring him out again.

Shaw has Drive: Shield Guard, Dual Attack, Iron Sentinel, and when paired with Tayrn gets Dodge. Oh and he's now a Weapon Master all for 4 points. Dude's a boss!

Nouvelle adaptation de règle :

Quote Originally Posted by Banjulhu  View Post
Dual Attack has cropped up a few times in the spoilers now, but what exactly does it do?

Dual Attack - This model can make melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.

Sur les elfes de Will

Ravyn is largely unchanged stat-wise. Veil of Mists is now COST 2, she traded in Gunfighter and Virtuoso for Dual Attack (which pairs nicely with Quick Work) kept Snipe, Locomotion, Eliminator and Vortex of Destruction. The only big rules change is that Blaster now states this:

Blaster - When this model makes an attack with this weapon, before the attack roll it can spend 1 focus point to give the attack a 3˝ AOE. All models hit suffer a POW 12 blast damage roll.
SunHunter
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
SunHunter

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty18.05.16 0:51

Mais WTF les marshalls ?!!

D'une part je ne comprends pas trop la nécéssité des règles/choix multiples qui n'ont rien à envier aux Power Attacks mkII (la note de mémo obligatoire d'entrée de jeu !), et ensuite j'ai pas vu ce que ça apporte par rapport à Power Up et/ou allocation.

... Et là, tu te rends comptes que PP a vu la même chose que toi : le marshell c'est nul comme ça. Alors on va rajouter des drives pétés pour compenser.
ET ZOMFG que c'est cracké ! Assault gratos en Merco et Khador ?! Sacrad Ward + Fail Safe en Menoth ?! Ils ont complètement craqué !!

Tu le vois le jack Menoth qui génère 3 Foc par tour gratos, avec + 1 attaque et +4 aux dégats avec les choirs et le marshall, immune spell et dont les systèmes ne cassent jamais ?! Avec immune Spell ET immune Shooting pendant l'avance ? J'espère que le Bastion Seneshal est hors de prix, sinon c'est auto-include x2. dé-bile.

SunHunter -
Phyrax
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
Phyrax

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty18.05.16 11:26

En même temp ça pousse à jouer encore plus de jack (vu qu'ils seront hors BG là) !
C'est ce que voulait PP !! :)
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty18.05.16 14:22

Je poursuis ma mission.

De Hungerford

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie_8  View Post
I'd love to hear some spoilers on Cygnar Jack Marshals! Do Gun Mages keep their Rune Shot ability? Do Sword Knights still have that awesome Pronto?

Yes the Gun Mage Officer kept his ability to have the jack under his control shoot rune bullets with Drive: Runeshot

Quote Originally Posted by Aidenweiss  View Post
I have a question about drives and activation order.

As an example i will bring to the table the dawnguard scyr, he had flank (his warjack) and drive: pronto, so that was the problem, if you activate the warjack first to get the flank bonus on the scyr, you cant benefit from the drive: pronto, and if you activate de scyr first to benefit him with the drive, you cant benefit your scyr with his flank, so you where always playing with half of the abilities the model had to offer

The question, do you addressed this situation when testing? do you solved that problem?

Where such interactions were unintended we corrected them. For example with the Scyir we completely swapped out his Drive. Now he has Drive: Righteous Vengeance - If one or more friendly Faction warrior models were destroyed or removed from play by enemy attacks while within 5˝ of this model during the last round, during your Maintenance Phase this model can advance up to 3˝ and make one basic melee attack. As well as having Righteous Vengeance himself which pairs great with Iron Sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarf  View Post
Does Raluk HAVE to do Hurry! in order to take advantage of Assault, or does his drive allow his warjack to charge for free by default?

Assault by itself does not grant a charge. So yes you would have to use Hurry! to charge which would then allow you to use Assault.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus  View Post
*starts praying*

Please let him keep Flank [FF Myrmidon]...!

If that's the case, the Gorgon would could be hilarious to run with him... -_-

Thanks for the morsel, consumed with minimal grace!

He no longer has Flank. Instead he's just a straight Weapon Master.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomThoughts View Post
Since the Insider touches upon both power-up and journeymen warcasters, I'd like to ask if warjacks under control of a journeyman/novice warcaster will still benefit from power-up.

Also, does power booster work in combination with marshalled jacks?

Yes a journeyman warcaster's warjacks get to power up while in their journeyman's control range.

And yes, Empower works on marshalled jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post

Sweet!! Guess MAT 8 was already good enough! Woo!

Did the Invictors get a Drive, they weren't popular as a marshal because of a lack of a Drive? Or did they lose it entirely (wouldn't be too upset if they did, from the Insider, they got some really nice tricks even without JM)?

Thanks for responding, much appreciated. ^^;

Invictors and Sentinels both lost Jack Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by hafrogman View Post
This. This is my favorite part. I always wondered how a Sentinel lost weapon master when promoted.

Have you never seen an 80's cop film? You get promoted to chief and you always go soft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
Will,

You've mentioned a couple models/units that have lost Jack Marshall. Any teasers on models, from any factions, that have gained it instead?

Honestly I can't think of any off the top of my head that gained it. There are certainly a few new ones on the horizon though and they are tasty treats!

Lokieris
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
Lokieris

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty18.05.16 15:15

toujours plus de cartes sur le Facebook de partyfoul!!

les nouveaux casters m'ont l'air vraiment bon dans l'ensemble, neraph pale Grrr confused
SunHunter
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
SunHunter

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty18.05.16 18:28

J'avoue que selon les standards mkII, il y en a quelques uns qui se classent direct dans la catégorie 'Gros Bourrins Moches Qu'on Ne Veut Jamais Croiser'.

Je remarque le grand nombre de débuffs / augmentation de dégâts.

SunHunter -
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty19.05.16 11:18

Tiens, pas encore de commentaires de notre bon Vlad?

Insider Menoth paru hier soir :

Les jacks sont encore plus bourrins... Et pas mal de ré-équilibrage, notamment Choir, etc.
Comme chez toutes les factions quoi. (bon sauf Retribution et Convergence qui étaient déjà des MK3 factions...)

Sur le fofo US

Quote Originally Posted by munkeee  View Post
Great read for the faithful! Jason, can I ask about my absolute favorite models in the game going back to 2003 and 2006, the Paladins and Dartan Vilmon? Thank you!

Time to do God's work (Menoth in this context).

High Paladin Dartan Vilmon lost Impervious Wall making him (and the rest of the Paladins) slightly less of an impenetrable speed bump, but he picked up Shield Guard and Righteous Vengeance, which says, "If one or more friendly Faction warrior models were destroyed or removed from play by enemy attacks while within 5˝ of this model during the last round, during your Maintenance Phase this model can advance up to 3˝ and make one basic melee attack." His Elite Cadre also grants Righteous Vengeance to the Paladins of the Order of the Wall. With Vilmon the Paladins can now strike more deeply at the enemy even while maintaining their Stone-and-Mortar Stances.

The POW of the Paladin's weapons were also reduced by 1 (both Vilmon and the Order of the Wall paladins) and their melee ranges were standardized at 1".
Last edited by PPS_MrSoles; Yesterday at 10:37 AM.
Jason Soles

How did epic Reznik change?

Forum lagtag runs contrary to the Creator's will.

That said, Reznik 2 went through some long rounds of play testing and eventually gained a little STR and ARM. He lost Take Down, Flame Burst, Creator's Wrath, Iron Agression bu gained Boundless Charge (spell), Spellpiercer (spell), Reposition 3" (special rule), and Curse [Battlegroup] (special rule). We were particularly happy with that last bit. It just felt right. Reznik's feat also now simply says, "When an enemy model is boxed by a melee or ranged attack in Reznik’s control range, center a 4˝ AOE on the boxed model, then remove that model from play. Enemy models in the AOE are hit and suffer an unboostable POW 14 fire damage roll XICONX. This damage is not considered to have been caused by an attack. Purge the Faithless lasts for one turn."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston  View Post
I was hoping you all could discuss how Testament of Menoth has changed, particularly with soul collection and the changes to Revive.

Thanks!

Menoth's blessings have continued to grace his Testament.

The speachless one went up to FOCUS 6 which means he now casts a broader soul collection net. He also traded out Revive for a personal resurrection spell named Raise the Dead. Unlike Revive, this version is COST 2. The spell says, "Return one destroyed Grunt to a friendly Faction unit with one unmarked damage box. Place the returned Grunt in the spellcaster’s control range, in formation, and completely within 3˝ of another model in its unit. The Grunt must forfeit its Combat Action the turn it is returned to play."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Soldrath  View Post
How have the Temple Flameguard changed?

Their weapons now have Critical Fire and they cost 7/11.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Spideredd  View Post
So many questions, Where to begin?

Does either Feora have the ability to give 'jack (or warriors) continuous fire?

Does the sanctifier still cause incorporeal models to lose incorporeal?

How has the Knight Exemlar Seneschal changed?

Have any other models acquired fire immunity?

Thank for answering any of these questions.

Question 1: Yes.

Question 2: Yes.

Question 3: He went down to SPD 5, lost Aegis, and gained a 1" melee range.

Question 4: Other than what?
Jason Soles

Also,

@PPS_JasonSoles
So did he actually lose Eye of Menoth or are you trolling? because you used a double negative in that sentence.

Like the will of the Creator, the double negative is inscrutable. Eye of Menoth is now a special rule on Severius 1, not a spell.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor Wilkins III  View Post
As a heathen morrowan I would love to hear some news about the "book". Ancient shroud still around?

The Covenant of Menoth does still possess Ancient Shroud. Its special actions are now also considered to be spells. Power of Faith is now a with 5" effect, not a command range effect (its CMD is still 10).
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by GDNerd  View Post
Can we get some news about the Blessing of Vengeance? It's hard to evaluate the Sevys without knowing a bit more about it.

The Blessing of Vengeance, lynchpin of righteousness, traded its Imprint for Shield Guard and gained a Bond to Severius in place of its Affinity. The Bond says, "Once per turn, when Severius channels a spell through this model, he gains +2 to that spell’s attack and damage rolls."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud-Gatherer  View Post
The changes to Blood of Martyrs are really solid - but what about the other upgrade-kit jack, the oft-maligned Scourge of Heresy? I have to think that he got retooled a little. 2" reach on the sword? A sweet new bond with Reznik (like maybe Purgation)?

You seem to possess some capacity to see the Creator's will. The Scourge of Heresy's weapons are indeed range 2". And while only the Punisher kept Purgation, its Bond to Reznik says, "Once per turn when Reznik destroys an enemy model or causes it to be removed from play as a result of a melee attack while this model is bonded to him and in his control range, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make a full advance." However, it did lose its Imprint.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nailbrain  View Post
Why did Sevy2 lose his gun, Mr. Soles? Honestly that was one of the coolest things he did.

That is a funny story. Technically no. But he picked up this ability, "Arcane Power - Once per activation, this model can cast a spell without spending focus points."... So now he just casts Ashes to Ashes once per activation for free.
Jason Soles

Mr. Soles, Harby's CMD would now be?

characters.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by chrisocasio  View Post
I love the new Sevvy2, and the addition of stealth to Daughters!

Would you be willing to share the text of the new Purification spell, or say if it is unchanged in wording from MKII?

Has anything changed with Nicia, perhaps gaining reposition or does she still have sprint built in? Maybe gaining assault on that sword cannon she lugs around so stealthily? Dare I dream of pathfinder on her?

Purification – COST 4. Continuous effects, animi, and upkeep spells in the spellcaster’s control range immediately expire.

Nicia – DEF 15, point cost 5, CMD 7. That constitutes all the changes to the Tear of Vengeance.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck_Fr0st  View Post
I'd love to see how Durst might have changed. Being our most recent caster, I don't expect too much of a shift, but I was very intrigued to see "Wall of Steel" on Warders giving armor. Any chance Durst's Wall of Steel now does the same?

Actually, you would be surprised. Durst went through play testing in both editions of the game simultaneously. And when his Mk II incarnation went to press, we kept testing him. My first note on him in this edition was in August 2013 and we locked him for editing in May 2015.

Durst lost a point of STR and traded Rampart Guardian Stance for Brace for Impact and Steady. His feat now says, "While in Durst’s control range, warjacks in his battlegroup gain +4 ARM and Brace for Impact. When a friendly Faction warrior model in Durst’s control range is directly hit by an attack while B2B with a warjack in Durst’s battlegroup, you can choose to have the warjack be directly hit instead. The warjack is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects from the attack. Bastion of Faith lasts for one round."
Jason Soles

Vilmon can shield wall on his own?

Shield Guard. Between the lag and my rushing it looks like got the wrong word in there. Surprising since I read that reply like three times before posting it, but there you are.
Jason Soles

Did I read this right that Zealots now have to try to land their firebombs with RAT 4? Did they keep critical fire at least so when they do land (on boxcars) it will also cause fire?

And Deliverers got a massive nerf to their POW? Sure you can make big CRAs now, but you kind of have to if you want to get anything out of them at all. Are they at least cheap now?

Any word on the High Reclaimer? Does his feat now require models to forfeit their action when they come back?

Question 1: Yes, they still have Critical Fire.

Question 2: Yes, their point cost has been reduced from its Mk II equivalent.

Question 3: The complete text of the High Reclaimer's feat is, "Return d3 + 5 friendly destroyed Faction troopers to play. Place those models in formation in their original units completely within the High Reclaimer’s control range."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Sobolev  View Post
With new spells worth arcing, any word on how the Guardian turned out?

The Guardian is now one of my go to favorites. It gained a point of MAT, its spear gained a point of POW, and it now costs 15 points. Not huge changes, but solid for the point cost.
Jason Soles

Thanks for strengthening my faith Mr Soles! I really enjoy the insight, and think the changes are pretty interesting.

Any news you can share on kreoss3?

Did you by chance sneak any new jack marshals into our arsenal?

Thank you!

As anyone who has seen my playing at a convention in recent years can attest, Intercessor Kreoss is one of my personal favorite casters. So I have some slightly conflicted feelings about his new incarnation. He lost Imperishable Conviction (which seldom seemed to come up anyway) and traded Road to War for Assail ("Target friendly Faction warjack can charge or make slam or trample power attacks without spending focus. The warjack gains +2˝ movement when it charges or makes a slam or trample power attack. Models slammed by the warjack are moved +2˝.).

I miss the trickiness of Road to War a lot, but Assail is feels like a throttle up in raw power, hence my conflicted emotions. It is easier to use and has immediate pay off, but I like the out of nowhere assassination potential of that Road to War movement.

I've been running him with Fire of Salvation and a Guardian with a LOT of Vengers.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoark  View Post
Hey Mr. Soles! Thanks so much for the information. One question though, seeing as the field marshal continuous fire exists already on Durgen Madhammer, how has Feora2 changed in the new edition? Thanks!

Durgen's evolution really did not figure into Feora's development. That said, when we removed her Bond we gave her the Firestarter upkeep spell which says, "Target a model in the spellcaster’s battlegroup. That model’s melee and ranged weapons gain Continuous Effect: Fire XICONX."
Jason Soles

Uhh, Kreoss3 didn't have Road to War. Do you mean Warpath?

Road to War is WARMACHINE Warpath in the new edition. Sorry for the confusion.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Oilslick  View Post
My Vessel of Judgement is one of the figs that I spend the most time painting up and I just picked up a second from grinding the heck out of Iron Arena. Any hints to what it is looking like for the new edition?

Also due to the amount of trolling in that Insider I recommend your forum pic be a face swap with one of the Sons of Bragg and that the next Insider is written by Jason Troles.

You should have seen the earlier draft of the Insider....!

The biggest changes to the Vessel of Judgment was that it went down to SPD 4 (that thing looks slow), gained Cavalry (just kidding), and the Divine Wrath went up to RNG 14. It also gained Gunfighter. Oh... And Eruption of Faith also inflicts a POW 12 damage roll.
Jason Soles

With the choir accuracy buff gone, did the Judicator get rejigged around quite a bit? Inaccuracy on such an expensive model and such would make it very unreliable.

The change to the Judicator was not a result of the change to the Choir. If we wanted you to reliably hit stuff with those rockets we would not have given them Inaccurate. That said, Power Up did create some redundancy with its rules, so Reliquary now says, "This model can boost attack and damage rolls after rolling."
Jason Soles

Does this mean the Officer no longer grants Continuous Fire to their weapons?

That's what it means. The Command Attachment is still bringing Iron Zeal though, so it has plenty of game.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Poiabc  View Post
Does Grand exemplar kreoss still grant Aegis to exemplars, since the KES lost it?

No.

10 characters.
Jason Soles

Did the Allegants change at all? Are they maybe just inexpensive now?

They lost a raw point of DEF, but Shifting Sands Stance now gives them +4 DEF. They are now cost 3.
Jason Soles

Does sacrificial lamb still exist functionally on any of our casters? That would be Righteous.

The High Reclaimer, in his righteousness, still possesses Sacrificial Lamb.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by wrenwood  View Post
I don't get the changes to our medium infantry. They already did not see a lot of time on the table. They now seem unplayable. The bastions already have a low defense and armor (for heavy infantry). Getting +2 on a charge doesn't do much when they also now only have 5 boxes. Sanguine bond (if unchanged) also is much less potent. That seems like a huge nerf. Giving Cinerators vengence on a 5 man unit is also not very effective. Both units are slow as tar, short threat ranges, low defense, and eh armor. They will get straight shot off of the table and have have lower threat ranges than most infantry in the game. Why would we ever taken them over our small based infantry?

Sometimes you read something that just makes you laugh out loud. Sorry to single you out, but you really should at least play something before calling it "unplayable". May be after playing you will not find it not to your liking, but at least then you can comment with some authority.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Alealexi  View Post
This may be a stupid question, but is control range still follow the same rule and control area for measuring how far you can control your jack? Is it still double the focus or is it a different rule of measuring?

In lieu of all the changes we've made it makes sense to ask. Yeah, it is still double the FOCUS stat.
Jason Soles

Shield Guard is a weird ability for an Arc Node.

I can see where you are coming from, but I've seen it effectively used even in advance of the main army. It is one of those abilities that you can always find a use for it you need/want to.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by AttilatheHungate  View Post
Regarding cinerators: Is vengeance in addition to their original +2 spd ability? and did they by any chance pick up 1" reach?

The Cinerators lost Relentless Advance but now have a 2" melee range.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Bylak  View Post
Mr. Soles, could you please give us the point cost of the Crusader? Thanks again for a wonderful Insider =)

characters.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Lanz  View Post
So has Reznik2 lost his fighting ability? It sounds like he's just a PS14 now with no internal way to buff his damage. That's a pretty huge thematic shift and a very disappointing one unless he's gained something else instead of creator's wrath.

Oh yeah... The devil is in the details... I missed he also gained Weapon Master. Sorry, he has a lot of notes.
Jason Soles

Mr. Soles, What is the Point Cost of a Reckoner now?

characters
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by vvp  View Post
ackk looks like i have to break my word but this is important:

can you soak martyr damage on harbinger with focus

Nope. Part of the wording of Martyr is, "This model cannot spend focus points to reduce this damage."
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Bully Bully Mahu  View Post
Did Kreoss1 retain his current feat?

Yes.

10 characters.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by blakeh1  View Post
Did Kreoss 3 keep Divine Inspiration and the Elite Cadre?

Oh hell yes.

Almost time for lunch. And to get anything else done today.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Mongojoe02  View Post
Mr. Soles,

Any changes to Rhupert, our beloved musician? Will he still grant tough etc?

Yes. He can still grant Tough, Pathfinder, and concealment. Those abilities are "friendly model", not "friendly Faction".
Jason Soles

Ha Jason! Remember saying "wouldn't it fun if a Venger solo gave your exemplar vengers the ability to move through eachother!" at Smogcon. Now Kreoss2 has it Razz

Did Amon change his spell list at all? Flagellation always seemed wonky for him. Is he still purely focused only on warjacks? (Mobility &Synergy still). Do we have any pathfinder options for jacks bar for him and Durst? (Assuming Durst kept Boundless Charge)

I do... However, Kroess 2 had his last change in March 22, 2015... So lets call it a lucky guess.

I am going to rain check talking about Amon, the Idrians, and Vindictus. Time to find some lunch.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Bylak  View Post
So regarding Inaccurate in general, would it be possible to go into why that specific rule is still around as opposed to just making RATs lower on models that have Inaccurate?

Two reasons. The chassis have established RAT scores. And some models have multiple weapons. That said I think we could have streamlined these better. The Deliverers did not necessarily need Inaccurate vs. a RAT drop for instance. It is likely if we had some more weeks or months of play test/debate before models started going into editing that we may have gotten around to more streamlining.
Jason Soles

I am just going to bust out few more responses to questions I see cropping up repeatedly. I have to get back to other work so I am not going to dig for specific questions.

With regards to Makeda 2 losing the old Road to War. Well, she did. She now has Dash. It fills a similar roll but slightly reduces her threat range extension.

As far as the Deliverer Skyhammers go, giving a 10-model unit true Combined Ranged Attack with their RNG 16 rockets meant we needed to curb something. It intense play testing their POW went down to its current 8. When they all combine together they can drop a POW 18 attack with POW 14 blast damage. Even in smaller groups they are effective solo hunters. Their final cost was 8/13 which is bargain for the chaos they can rain down. If you are looking for something else to make them more compelling, its the synergy you will find with other models in the Faction.

It may also become obvious that we are not spoiling every caster in the game. And in some places we are only providing teasers. Amon Ad Raza sort of fell into that category. But I will say that in addition to his Field Marshal [Parry], Amon also traded Flagellation for Flashing Blade and picked up a fifth spell, Fortify.

Vice Scrutator Vindictus was another model that I got a lot of questions about. He went through some intensive play testing. We even tried a version of him with Choir-like prayers for warrior models. Wow was that busted! Eventually his feat Penitence became an upkeep spell, which reads, "Target friendly Faction model/unit. When one or more affected models are damaged by an enemy attack, immediately after the attack is resolved the attacker suffers 1 point of fire damage XICONX." His feat became Divine Protection ("While in Vindictus’ control range, friendly Faction warrior models cannot be targeted by charges, slam power attacks, enemy spells, or non-magical ranged attacks. Divine Protection lasts for one round.")

That brings us to the Idrian Skirmishers. The base unit traded Camouflage for Brutal Charge on the Kopis. At cost 9/15 they are solid. The command attachment traded Assault & Battery for Granted: Reposition 3". And before someone realizes that you may not want to use Reposition and Go to Ground in the same activation, we know. Life is full of decisions and the Creator has blessed you with this one. And yes, they still have Granted: Prey from the Guide.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by jandrese View Post
Does the High Reclaimer have to center his burning ash clouds on models now?

No. But they are now COST 2.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by JDAntoine View Post
Do Temple Flamguard have Shield Wall Order and Iron Zeal on their Officer?

Officers have the orders native to their units.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Jgs360 View Post
mr soles can you answer me why daughters still have the issues with 2 foot garden hedges and walls when they can leap over men machine and beasts with ease ???

Because they have Acrobatics and not Pathfinder. Was this a trick question?
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by J4ck_Fr0st View Post
Still FOC5? Two 3" clouds per turn seems a little tough to utilize.

Its a little tougher to block LOS to your whole army, but it works the same otherwise. And in my experience the High Reclaimer can generally count on more than 5 focus per turn.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by MaelstromX29 View Post
Mr Soles, you have not mentioned anything about what feels like the root of our military, the Knights Exemplar. Are they still functioning like they did previously, or is there some heavy changes (are they still +1/+1 str and arm per casualty)?

Last one for the day. The Knights Exemplar lost Bond of Brotherhood for Battle-Driven, went up to a 1" range, and kept Weapon Master. And they have a sweet command attachment in Prime.
Jason Soles

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
Even ranking officers?

No.

10 characters.
Jason Soles

Et maintenant, on attend tous les remarques de Vlad cheers
SunHunter
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
SunHunter

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty19.05.16 19:02

Que dire ? Rolling Eyes

J'ai un peu le même sentiment qu'avec Troll, en un peu plus fort. Les trucs semblent se spécialiser et changer de rôle, et là c'est vraiment flagrant que les trucs forts deviennent faibles, et que les trucs nazes deviennent bourrins.

Genre les cleansers : préparez vous à bouffer du spray de feu x11 en assaut à 18" le tour du feat de kreoss. WTF ?

Même chose avec les Cinerators. Jamais joué ? Et bien BOOM on leur file allonge à 2" (alors qu'ils ont des épées toutes simples) et Vengeance, et immunité feu, et +1 POW, et +1 ARM. Normal quoi !

Ca, c'est pour l'Insider.

Mais quand on regarde les règles du BG / caster de la boite de base, là je rigole ! Foc 7, Ancillary Attack en ZDC pour 2 Foc, Ignite, et un feat qui boost les dégât de toutes les attaques de type feu ET qui empèche les effets continus de partir pendant 1 round ? C'est déjà god tier, mais on rajoute en plus Banishing Ward et Ashen Veil. Facilement l'un des plus forts des casters de départ ... Heureusement que son BG est moisi - comme tous les nouveaux jacks menoth !

SunHunter -
ealthril
Membre Actif
Membre Actif
ealthril

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty20.05.16 9:00

Nouvel Insider hier soir (très tard), sur l'ADR (40 points de spécialistes comme annoncé).

Retour aux bases, on prend les v1 des casters et c'est parti ! (en incluant évidemment les casters des nouveaux BG)

[Vous devez être inscrit et connecté pour voir cette image]

Du fofo US, de Hungerford

Quote Originally Posted by Atherzon  View Post
For some sense of scale, is the 40 points of Specialists for a, now, standard 75 point game in Masters?

Yuuuuuuuuuuup

Du post sur le primecast, d'Hungerford

The steps are: 0, 10, 25, 50, 65, 75

Why isn't it just +15 each week you ask? In Prime / Primal there is a list of standard game sizes to play, "encounter levels" as they were. Journeyman mimics these options as closely as possible, with 65 being the only one that isn't part of the standard list.

To give you an example of model restrictions, week 3 looks something like this.

25 Points: Battlegroup, Units, Solos, No Theme Forces

Dernière édition par ealthril le 20.05.16 9:27, édité 2 fois
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.   Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey. - Page 10 Empty

Warmachine/Hordes MkIII, Hey Wey.
Page 10 sur 12Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Suivant